NAPE will be holding a photo contest, the theme of which is “Cretaceous Basins in Nigeria”. This will be used as the cover photo for the upcoming proceedings (to be published) of the “Cretaceous Basins in Nigeria” workshop held earlier in the year.
The contest is open to all current undergraduate and postgraduate students. We encourage you all to send in a photo depicting any geological feature highlighting the Cretaceous era.
The Photo Contest begins September 8 2019 and ends midnight October 4 2019, 12:00:00 p.m. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT OCTOBER 4 2019.
The photo of the First Place Winner will be used as the INNER COVER of the Conference edition of NAPENEWS magazine and will also receive a certificate, and sponsorship to the 2019 Annual Conference. Cash prizes include:
1st Position: N100,000
2nd Position: N50,000
3rd Position: N35,000
How to Enter
Each entry consists of a single photograph, without modifications. The photo must be copyright free and must meet the following requirements:
• Photograph must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible.
• Minimum resolution: 5MP (2560 x 1920 pixels). Anything under this will not be accepted for the contest.
• High resolution (300 dpi)
• The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant.
• All entries should also include a caption with a brief description of the photo submitted, where, and when it was taken, and by who.
Submissions that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will be disqualified.
Entries should be sent to Iyabo Sindiku, FNAPE by email to the email address: email@example.com