- June 13, 2019
- Posted by: Nape
- Category: General News, UAP News
The Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists, University/Polytechnic Assistance Program announces its 2019 Grants-in-Aid Program. The Program includes special grants named in recognition of benevolent leaders/corporate organizations. These individuals/organizations have made substantial contributions to the UAP teaching, and research programs in Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics.
The purpose of the program is to foster research in the geosciences by providing support to undergraduate and graduate students in the earth sciences whose research has application to the search for and development of oil, gas, energy-mineral resources, hydrogeology and related environmental geology issues.
ELIGIBILITY AND GRANT VALUE
Award recipients must be enrolled in an HND, Bachelor, Masters or PhD programme. They must be of proven character who maintain the ethics and standard of the profession while, above all, having a constant high grade in his chosen academic career (i.e. minimum of 2.50 CGPA and 60% aggregate for B.Sc. and M.Sc. respectively). However, credit will be given for higher grade. Monetary awards range from a minimum amount of N50,000 to a maximum of N100,000 for postgraduate and N15,000 to N50,000 for undergraduate students.
USE OF GRANTS
Grants are to be applied to expenses directly related to the student’s thesis work, such as fieldwork, laboratory analyses, and books. The educational institution attended by the applicant must ensure the grant’s appropriate use, and that the grants are not turned over to the Institution.
BASIS FOR AWARDING GRANTS:
Grants would be based on merit, proven character and, in part, on the financial needs of the applicant. Applicants will be selected based on qualification, as indicated by past academic performance, originality and imagination of the proposed project, support by the department in which the work is being done, and significance of the project to petroleum, energy-minerals and related environmental geology.
INTENT, RECOMMENDED GUIDELINES & DISBURSEMENT
The overall intent of this program is to assist students by subsidizing selected projects.
1) Download the Application Form here. Complete this application in full. Please type or print neatly, since legibility affects your evaluation.
Please note that only one application is required per student.
2) Attach an official copy of your most recent academic transcripts OR attach a signed and department stamped statement from your Professor or Head of department commenting on your academic credential.
3) Obtain department endorsements and department stamps on the form. If your department does not have a stamp, attach a statement on department letterhead, signed by the Head of department, identifying you as a currently enrolled student of that school. Application without endorsements would be rejected.
NOTE: You will be eligible for consideration of a grant only if all of the requested information accompanies your application.
Mail your completed application and supporting documents to the (email@example.com). Also, ensure you copy your Head of Department and NAPE-UAP Faculty Adviser.
4) Deadline: Only applications received on or before 31st August 2019 will be considered.
5) Award Presentation: At the LAGOS SEPTEMBER 2019 TECHNICAL MEETING
For the details of the 2019 NAPE-UAP Grant-In-Aids Donors, Click Here.