- June 29, 2019
- Posted by: Nape
- Category: General News, International Conferences
Dear Distinguished Member,
CALLING FOR FRESH NOMINATIONS FOR POSITION OF PRESIDENT-ELECT IN THE NAPE 2019 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ELECTIONS
In line with the provisions of ARTICLE VII Sections 16 & 17 of the NAPE constitution, the NAPE electoral committee hereby calls for nomination of candidates for the elective position of the President-Elect.
1. The candidate for the position President-Elect may reside in Lagos or outside Lagos with the means to facilitate his/her attendance of eighty (80) to hundred (100) percent of the scheduled meetings.
2. The candidate for the position of President-Elect must satisfy the following conditions in addition to the general conditions stated in (1a-1d) above
a) He/she must have been Active or Emeritus member of the Association for at least fifteen (15) years and must not be less than forty (40) years old at the time of seeking nomination
b) Be financially up to date
c) Must have served the Association meritoriously in the last five (5) years in Committees or sub Committees or ad-hoc Committees of the Association
d) The nomination form must be endorsed by five (5) financially up-to-date Active or Emeritus member of the Association who are in good standing, at least three (3) of which must be a fellow of the Association or an Aret Adams awardee or a member of the Advisory Council or a member of the Board of Trustees.
e) Be member in good standing. Must not have been indicted by the association or any court of law or any arbitration or judicial panel for any offence or gross misconduct or for any criminal offence or professional misconduct.
3. Candidate’s willingness to serve must be confirmed by his/her endorsement of the nomination form.
4. All communication on this electoral process shall, as much as possible, be by electronic media. All nominees/candidates should ensure their address(es) is/are properly registered in the NAPE database and that they check their incoming mails regularly.
5. Voting should, as much as possible, be done via the online e-voting platform. PAPER BALLOTS ARE NOT THE PREFERRED OPTION and should only be used in exceptional cases. Ballot papers will be issued only on request.
6. Election results will be announced at the AGM scheduled during the 2019 Annual International Conference & Exhibitions of the Association.
Please follow the links below to download the Nomination Form and NAPE Constitution and bye-laws for more information on eligibility requirements for each position:
For the 2019 Election President-Elect Nomination Form, Click Here.
For the NAPE Constitution, Click Here.
Please help your Association to serve you better by ensuring a robust candidate nomination exercise and by participating fully in this process.
Thank you and best regards.
Mrs. Doris Akpovwa
Chairman, 2019 NAPE Electoral Committee