- May 29, 2022
- Posted by: Nape
- Category: Conference Activities, General News
In line with the provisions of SECTION 11 of the NAPE constitution, please be advised that the 2022 Election process officially commenced on Wednesday, March 30, 2022. The exercise is expected to be concluded by Monday, October 31, 2022. This duration should enable full participation by the entire Active members in all NAPE chapters/locations with the following guidelines.
Election Process: Due By *
Announcement of 2022/2023 NAPE Elections March 30
Distribution of Nomination forms to members March 30
Return of completed nomination forms to NAPE Secretariat June 22
Publication of list of candidates for elective offices August 1
Start of campaigning by successful candidates August 1
Presentation of Candidates August 1 – 31
Voting begins September 1
Voting ends October 15
* All dates 2022
Dates are subject to change according to the Electoral Committee
1. PRESIDENT- ELECT
2. GENERAL SECRETARY
3. ASSISTANT GENERAL SECRETARY
5. PUBLICITY SECRETARY
6. FINANCIAL SECRETARY
8. ASSISTANT EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
1. All candidates vying for any elective position must satisfy the following conditions.
a) An Active member of the Association for at least five (5) years.
b) Be financially up to date
c) Have made contributions to the activities and program of the Association in the last two (2) years.
d) Be a member in good standing. Must not have been indicted by the association or any court of law or any arbitration or judicial panel for any offense or gross misconduct or for any criminal offense or professional misconduct.
e) The nomination form must be endorsed by three (3) Active members of the Association in good financial standing, at least one (1) of whom must be a Fellow of the Association or an Aret Adams Awardee
2. Candidates for the positions of Vice President and President-Elect must satisfy the following conditions in addition to the general conditions stated in SECTION 11, Subsection 5 above
a) Must be an Active Member of the Association for at least fifteen (15) years and must not be less than forty (40) years of age at the time of seeking the nomination.
b) Must have served the Association actively and meritoriously in other capacities as a member of the Executive Committee at a national level with a good knowledge of the Association
c) Must have served the Association meritoriously in the last five (5) years in Committees or sub-Committees or ad-hoc committees of the Association
d) Must be able to demonstrate integrity, good moral character, and personality
e) Must have attained at least a managerial position (or equivalent) in the affiliated institution in line with the membership provision of the Association
f) Must show evidence of good people management skills, competence, and leadership abilities
g) Must demonstrate at least a basic understanding of financial and business management practices and be financially prudent
h) Must be technically experienced and be professionally recognized in the industry with a good sphere of influence
i) The nomination form must be endorsed by five (5) Active members of the Association who are in good financial standing, of which at least three (3) must be Fellows of the Association or Aret Adams awardees or members of the Advisory Council or members of the Board of Trustees.
3. Candidates or Nominees for the Executive Committee Offices may reside in Lagos or outside Lagos with the means to facilitate his/her attendance of eighty (80) to hundred (100) percent of the scheduled meetings either physically or through acceptable means such as video or teleconferencing.
4. A candidate can nominate him/herself but must be duly sponsored as in items 1&2 above.
5. Candidate’s willingness to serve must be confirmed by his/her endorsement of the nomination form.
6. All communication on this electoral process shall, as much as possible, be by electronic media. All nominees/candidates should ensure their address(es) is/are properly registered in the NAPE database and that they check their incoming mails regularly.
7. Voting should, as much as possible, be done via the online e-voting platform. PAPER BALLOTS ARE NOT THE PREFERRED OPTION and should only be used in exceptional cases. Ballot papers will be issued only on request.
8. Election results will be announced at the AGM scheduled during the 2022 Annual International Conference & Exhibitions of the Association.
Kindly follow the links below to download the Nomination Form and NAPE Constitution for more information on eligibility requirements for each position:
Please help your Association to serve you better by ensuring a robust candidate nomination exercise and by participating fully in this process.
It is pertinent to send all completed forms by email to the NAPE Technical/Membership Officer: Abieyuwa Ogbebor
(firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cc: The 2022 NAPE Electoral Committee Chairman: Christopher Enuma (email@example.com)
Thank you and best regards,
Chairman, 2022 NAPE Electoral Committee