- May 16, 2021
- Posted by: Nape
- Category: Conference Activities, General News
Dear Distinguished Member,
The NAPE Executive Committee has approved the extension to submit all completed nomination forms before or on June 11, 2021. This is to avail increased participation of Active members at all chapters and locations.
In line with the provisions of ARTICLE VII Sections 16 & 17 of the NAPE constitution and bye-laws, 2021 Election process officially commenced on Tuesday March 30, 2021 and will be concluded by Sunday October 31, 2021.
Election Process: Due By *
Announcement of 2021/2022 NAPE Elections March 30
Distribution of Nomination forms to members March 30
Return of completed nomination forms to NAPE Secretariat June 11
Publication of list of candidates vying for elective offices August 2
Successful candidates begin to campaign August 2
Presentation of Candidates August 2 to 31
Voting begins September 1
Voting ends October 15
* All dates 2021
3. UNIVERSITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME CHAIRMAN
1. All candidates vying for any elective position must satisfy the following conditions.
a) An Active or Emeritus member of the Association for at least five (5) years.
b) Be financially up to date
c) Have made contributions to the activities and programme of the Association in the last two (2) years.
d) Be member in good standing. Must not have been indicted by the association or any court of law or any arbitration or judicial panel for any offence or gross misconduct or for any criminal offence or professional misconduct.
- The nomination forms for the University Assistance (UAP) Chairman must be endorsed by three (3) financially up to date Active or Emeritus member of the Association who are in good standing, at least one (1) of which must be a fellow of the Association or an Aret Adams awardee or a member of the Advisory Council or a member of the Board of Trustees.
- The candidate for the position of President-Elect may reside in Lagos or outside Lagos with the means to facilitate his/her attendance of eighty (80) to hundred (100) percent of the scheduled meetings.
- The candidate for the positions of Vice President and President-Elect must satisfy the following conditions in addition to the general conditions stated in (1a-1d) above
a) He/she must have been Active or Emeritus member of the Association for at least fifteen (15) years and must not be less than forty (40) years old at the time of seeking nomination.
b) Must have served the Association meritoriously in the last five (5) years in Committees or sub Committees or ad-hoc Committees of the Association
c) The nomination form must be endorsed by five (5) financially up-to-date Active or Emeritus member of the Association who are in good standing, at least three (3) of which must be a fellow of the Association or an Aret Adams awardee or a member of the Advisory Council or a member of the Board of Trustees.
- A candidate can nominate him/herself but must be duly sponsored as in items 1&2 above.
- Candidate’s willingness to serve must be confirmed by his/her endorsement of the nomination form.
- All communication on this electoral process shall, as much as possible, be by electronic media. All nominees/candidates should ensure their address(es) is/are properly registered in the NAPE database and that they check their incoming mails regularly.
- Voting should, as much as possible, be done via the online e-voting platform. PAPER BALLOTS ARE NOT THE PREFERRED OPTION and should only be used in exceptional cases. Ballot papers will be issued only on request.
- Election results will be announced at the AGM scheduled during the 2021 Annual International Conference & Exhibitions of the Association.
Please follow the links below to download the Nomination Form and NAPE Constitution and bye-laws for more information on eligibility requirements for each position:
Please help your Association to serve you better by ensuring a robust candidate nomination exercise and by participating fully in this process.
Kindly send all completed forms by email to the NAPE Technical/Membership Officer: Abieyuwa Ogbebor (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cc: The 2021 NAPE Electoral Committee Chairperson: Olabisi Olopade (email@example.com )
Thank you and best regards.
Chairperson, 2021 NAPE Electoral Committee