The Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) initiated the idea of the Mini-Conference and has so far sponsored Eight (8) of such meetings for the benefit of students and scholars in Geosciences Department in institutions of higher learning in Nigeria. The 9th Edition, scheduled to hold 7th to 9th June, 2018 at the Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun and Petroleum Training Institute Effurun is in collaboration with the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS). It provides opportunities for students to showcase their works during Technical/Oral sessions, join in field excursions and network with industry, academia and other stakeholders in the geosciences family.
The Theme for the Conference is: EMERGING ENERGY CHALLENGES: A PARADIGM SHIFT IN GEOSCIENCE EDUCATION
1. Future Prospects of Energy Generation and Utilization
2. Developing Geosciences Curricula to Address Energy Challenges
3. Innovative Cost-Effective Models for Energy Production & Management
4. Emerging Trends on Mineral Exploration in Nigeria
5. Development of Unconventional Resources
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Deadlines for Abstract Submission
|Completed Abstracts received||April 28, 2018|
|Notice of Acceptance and Instructions to Presenters to be sent out||May 13, 2018|
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
1. Only online submissions are allowed. To submit/upload your abstracts, Click Here.
2. We strongly recommend that all abstracts be submitted in MS word document. Presenters are to ensure that the abstract should contain the title of paper, names of authors and affiliations(s) as well as a description of the proposed paper and results/conclusions. No illustrations, references abbreviations, acknowledgement or itemised points are permitted in the abstracts. Abstracts must be less than 250words and must be relevant to the conference theme as well as the most applicable sub-theme
3. All authors are also requested to send an email to the underlisted for confirmation of abstract submission
All participants: NAPE Student members, non-members and NAPE Active members are to pay the following registration fees.
|Pre-Registration before May 20, 2018||After May 20, 2018 and at Conference venue|
|NAPE/NMGS Student Members||N5,000.00||N6,500.00|
|Non-NAPE/NMGS Student Members||N6,000.00||N7,500.00|
|NAPE Active Members||N10,000.00||N10,000.00|
Registration fees and other charges are payable under the following platforms:
Online Registration: For all online registration, Click Here.
Direct Bank Payment: Make payments at any GTBank Branch to:
Account Name: Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists
GTBank Account Number: 0009381477
For Enquiries, contact:
Mrs. Esther Adeniyi, Executive Director, NAPE Secretariat, 47A Femi Okunnu Housing Estate, Lekki Peninsula, Lagos.