The Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) initiated the idea of the Mini-Conference and has so far sponsored Eight (8) of such meetings for the benefit of students and scholars in Geosciences Department in institutions of higher learning in Nigeria. The 9th Edition, was held 7th to 9th June, 2018 at the Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun and Petroleum Training Institute Effurun wass in collaboration with the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS). The conference provided opportunities for students to showcase their works during Technical/Oral sessions, join in field excursions and network with industry, academia and other stakeholders in the geosciences family.
The Theme for the Conference was: EMERGING ENERGY CHALLENGES: A PARADIGM SHIFT IN GEOSCIENCE EDUCATION
1. Future Prospects of Energy Generation and Utilization
2. Developing Geosciences Curricula to Address Energy Challenges
3. Innovative Cost-Effective Models for Energy Production & Management
4. Emerging Trends on Mineral Exploration in Nigeria
5. Development of Unconventional Resources