Abstracts deadline: June 5 2015. Submit your Abstract Now!
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submit your abstract online only for the NAPE 2015 International Conference & Exhibition not later than June 5, 2015.
Theme: â€œGLOBAL ENERGY DYNAMICS AND IMPLICATIONS FOR NIGERIAâ€™S ENERGY AND ECONOMIC SECURITYâ€
â€¢ June 5, 2015- Completed Abstracts received
â€¢ July 6, 2015: Notice of acceptance to be sent out
â€¢ July 31, 2015 - Submission of extended abstract of a maximum of 6(A4) pages of accepted paper mandatory
â€¢ August 31, 2015- Submission of Full paper
â€¢ July 17, 2015 -Exhibition Subscription
â€¢ August 21, 2015 â€“Submission of Exhibitors Profiles
NAPE International Conference from 8 -12 November, 2015
1. Government Policies and Implications for the Growth of the Oil and Gas Industry
2. Strategies for Balancing Nigeriaâ€™s Energy Trade
3. Enhanced Oil Recovery and Advances in Reservoir Management: Challenges and Opportunities
4. Exploring New Play Concepts: Deep Plays and Subtle Traps
5. Exploring the Peri-cratonic Basins of West Africa â€“ Establishing a Regional Strategic Energy Advantage
6. Technology Application for Cost Efficiency and operational Competitiveness: Recent Advances
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Presenters are to ensure that the online template is correctly filled by following the instructions carefully.
Abstracts should cover the objectives, procedures, results and conclusions of the research to be presented and should be no more than 2,500 characters (250 words), including spaces and punctuations. The title, authors, and authorsâ€™ affiliations are not included in the character limit.
Titles should be brief and state the topic but should not include company names.
The body of the abstract should contain a description of the proposed paper and results/conclusions. No illustrations, references, abbreviations, acknowledgements or itemized points are permitted in the abstracts. Abstracts must be relevant to the conference theme as well as the most applicable technical sub-theme.
Evaluation and ranking of abstracts are based on relevance and timeliness of subject matter; usefulness of contribution to the advancement of knowledge, techniques or practice; and overall clarity, organization and presentation of ideas.
Student submissions are encouraged to all sessions.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be requested to submit an extended version of their abstract by July 31, 2015
Authors will be notified of Rejection of abstracts by July 2015 ending.
Authors are invited to have their work, both oral and poster presentations, published in the NAPE Bulletin to preserve their work for future reference. Bulletin publication requires the submission of the full paper with references included.
Additional Instructions to Authors/Presenters
1. Kindly note that the acceptance of the Abstract of a paper for eventual presentation
will be decided by the Technical /Editorial Committee, who will also provide guidelines for the preparation of the full papers.
2. For a classified work, it is mandatory that an evidence of permission or the authorization for public presentation is provided to the Technical/Editorial Committee by authors/presenters.
3. Authors who do not submit their extended abstracts by the due date, July 31, 2015, will be removed from the program and will not be allowed to present papers.
4. Authors should please note that an agreement to present a paper at this NAPE Conference carries an obligation to participate in the event. NAPE has no funding for speakers. Do not submit an abstract unless at least one author is certain to attend the conference. All session chairs, speakers and poster presenters must register to attend the conference. No exceptions.
5. Permission for NAPE to publish your abstract is implied when you submit your paper for consideration to the 2015 International Conference & Exhibition.
Oral Sessions: Single screen electronic presentations will be the only format available. Each session room is equipped with the following: High intensity projector, laptop computer, large format screen, speaker timer, laser pointer and microphone. Internet connections and dual screens will not be available. Detailed speaker information will be sent to you upon acceptance of your abstract.
Poster Sessions: Half-day poster sessions are planned. Presenters are required to be in their booths a minimum of two hours while their posters are on display.
For both Oral and Poster sessions, presenters are discouraged from making subtle or blatant sales pitches including but not limited to: repeated use of product names, trade names or pictures, or repeated use of company logo.
No-show Policy: Authors should please note that an agreement to present a paper at this NAPE Conference carries an obligation to participate in the event. The NAPE Executive Committee has established that presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying NAPE of their cancellation at least five weeks in advance of the start of the program will not be allowed to present papers or posters at any NAPE-sponsored technical meeting for a term of two (2) years.
Presentation kits containing specific instructions to authors and guidelines for paper preparations, good presentations skills, final booth design as well as Editorial Policy will be sent to all confirmed presenters prior to the commencement of the conference.