Dear Distinguished Member,
ANNOUNCING NAPE 2018/19 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ELECTIONS
In line with the provisions of ARTICLE VII Sections 16 & 17 of the NAPE constitution and bye-laws, please be advised that the 2018/19Election process commences on Thursday March 30th, 2018. The exercise is expected to be concluded by October 31, 2018. This duration should enable full participation by the entire Active membership in all NAPE chapters/locations and in line with the following guidelines.
Election Process: Due By *
Announcement of 2018/19 NAPE Elections March 30
Distribution of Nomination forms to members (online only) March 30
Return of completed nomination forms to NAPE Secretariat May 15
Publication of list of candidates for elective offices August 1
Start of campaigning by successful Candidates August 1
Presentation of Candidates August 1 to 31
Voting begins September 1
Voting ends October 15
Announcement of results during 2018 AGM November 20
* All dates 2018
3. General Secretary
4. Assistant General Secretary
6. Financial Secretary
7. Publicity Secretary
9. Assistant Editor-in-Chief
1. All candidates vying for any elective position must satisfy the following conditions.
a) An Active or Emeritus member of the Association for at least five (5) years.
b) Be financially up to date as in all dues paid including for 2018.
c) Have made contributions to the activities and programme of the Association in the last two (2) years.
d) Be member in good standing. Must not have been indicted by the association or any court of law or any arbitration or judicial panel for any offence or gross misconduct or for any criminal offence or professional misconduct.
e) The nomination forms for the General Secretary, Assistant General Secretary, Financial Secretary, Treasurer, Publicity Secretary, Editor-in-Chief and Assistant Editor-in-Chief must be endorsed by three (3) financially up to date Active or Emeritus member of the Association who are in good standing, at least one (1) of which must be a fellow of the Association or an Aret Adams awardee or a member of the Advisory Council or a member of the Board of Trustees.
2 The candidate for the positions of Vice President and President-Elect must satisfy the following conditions in addition to the general conditions stated in (1a-1d) above
a) He/she must have been Active or Emeritus member of the Association for at least fifteen (15) years and must not be less than forty (40) years old at the time of seeking nomination.
b) Must have served the Association meritoriously in the last five (5) years in Committees or sub Committees or ad-hoc Committees of the Association
c) The nomination form must be endorsed by five (5) financially up-to-date Active or Emeritus member of the Association who are in good standing, at least three (3) of which must be a fellow of the Association or an Aret Adams awardee or a member of the Advisory Council or a member of the Board of Trustees.
3. A candidate can nominate him/herself but must be duly sponsored as in 1&2 above.
The candidate or nominee for office of the President-Elect preferably may residein Lagos or outside Lagos with the means to facilitate his/her attendance of eighty (80) to hundred (100) percent of the scheduled meetings.
Please note that being nominated does not ensure candidacy. This will be determined by the Advisory Committee/Executive Committee.
4. Candidate's willingness to serve must be confirmed by his/her endorsement of the nomination form.
5. All communication on this electoral process shall, as much as possible, be by electronic media. All nominees/candidates should ensure their addresses are properly registered in the NAPE database and that they check their incoming mails regularly.
6. Voting should, as much as possible, be done via the online e-voting platform. PAPER BALLOTS ARE NOT THE PREFERRED OPTION and should only be used in exceptional cases. Ballot papers will be issued only on request.
7. Election results will be announced atthe AGM scheduled during the 2018 Annual International Conference& Exhibitions of the Association.
Please follow the links below to download the Nomination Form and NAPE Constitution and bye-laws for more information on eligibility requirements for each position:
For further inquiries please contact the undersigned. Please help your Association to serve you better by ensuring a robust candidate nomination exercise and by participating fully in this process.
Thank you and best regards.
Fred AKALAMUDO, FNAPE
Chairman, 2018 NAPE Electoral Committee