Dear Distinguished Member,
ANNOUNCING NAPE 2017 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ELECTIONS
In line with the provisions of ARTICLE VII Sections 16&17 of the NAPE constitution and bye-laws, please be advised that the 2017 Election process commences on Tuesday May 02, 2017. The exercise is expected to be concluded by October 31, 2017. This duration should enable full participation by the entire Active membership in all NAPE chapters/locations and in line with the following guidelines.
Election Process: Due By *
Announcement of 2017/18 NAPE Elections - May 02
Distribution of Nomination forms to members - May 02
Return of completed nomination forms to NAPE Secretariat - June 15
Publication of list of candidates for elective offices - July7
Start of campaigning by successful candidates - July 7
Presentation of Candidates - August 1 to 31
Voting begins - September 01
Voting ends - October 15
*All Dates 2017
3. University Assistance Program Chairman
1. All candidates vying for any elective position must satisfy the following conditions.
a) An Active or Emeritus member of the Association for at least five (5) years.
b) Be financially up to date
c) Have made contributions to the activities and programme of the Association in the last two (2) years.
d) Be member in good standing. Must not have been indicted by the association or any court of law or any arbitration or judicial panel for any offence or gross misconduct or for any criminal offence or professional misconduct.
The nomination form for the University Assistance Program Chairman must be endorsed by three (3) active or Emeritus member of the Association in good standing, at least one (1) of which must be a fellow of the Association or an Aret Adams awardee or a member of the Advisory Council or a member of the Board of Trustees.
2. The candidate for the positions of Vice President and President-Elect must satisfy the following conditions in addition to the general conditions stated in (1a-1d) above
a) He/she must have been Active or Emeritus member of the Association for at least fifteen (15) years and must not be less than forty (40) years old at the time of seeking nomination.
b) Must have served the Association meritoriously in the last five (5) years in Committees or sub Committees or ad-hoc Committees of the Association
c) The nomination form must be endorsed by five (5) active or Emeritus member of the Association in good standing, at least three (3) of which must be a fellow of the Association or an Aret Adams awardee or a member of the Advisory Council or a member of the Board of Trustees.
3. A candidate can nominate himself/herself but must be duly sponsored as in items 1 & 2 above.
4. Candidate's willingness to serve must be confirmed by his/her endorsement of the nomination form.
5. All communication on this electoral process shall, as much as possible, be by electronic media. All nominees/candidates should ensure their address(es) is/are properly registered in the NAPE database and that they check their incoming mails regularly.
6. Voting should, as much as possible, be done via the online e-voting platform. PAPER BALLOTS ARE NOT THE PREFERRED OPTION and should only be used in exceptional cases. Ballot papers will be issued only on request.
7. Election results will be announced at the AGM scheduled during the 2017 Annual International Conference & Exhibitions of the Association.
Please follow the links below to download the Nomination Form and NAPE Constitution and bye-laws for more information on eligibility requirements for each position:
For the Re-Election 2017 Nomination Form, Click Here.
For further inquiries please contact the following members of the Electoral Committee:
Please help your Association to serve you better by ensuring a robust candidate nomination exercise and by participating fully in this process.
Thank you and best regards.
Dr. James Edet, FNAPE
Chairman and Returning Officer, NAPE Electoral Committee